Thursday 12 March 2009

Irony In Motion

I was pondering on this the other day

I was looking through my Top Gear magazine and came across something that intrigued me

The Toyota Prius, praised for being the LA number 1 choice of car for its "Green" attributes, so much in fact that celebrities drive around in them to boast their own "green" morals and ethics, yet I was looking through said magazine and was shocked to find that you can purchase it with optional Leather interior...

Now forgive me if I am wrong but surely if you are an environmentalist and an economist and are looking to promote a sense of concern for the environment, then opting for leather interior in your shiny new car may not go down well... Am I right here?

It puzzles me dearly and I'm left wondering what the hell were Toyota thinking when they thought "how can we rake in more money from people... I know leather interior"

It all seems Ironic and dare I say pointless, anyone else share this view of deception?

No comments:

Post a Comment