Monday 30 March 2009

A night in Thai land

Thursday 26th March goes down as one chapter of my life when I can honestly say that I had one of the most enjoyable nights of my life, good friends in the form of work colleagues and good food at the Thai Orchid in banbury, I arrived fashionably early after losing my way to the car park (It was the first time I had been driving through Banbury on my own), I managed to find my way to the car park after a couple of mintues driving and searching, then I was stood outside The Dog and Gun pub and from out of nowhere Karla shows up and says "Turn that frown upside down" I was just quite tired from work and driving and couldn't wait to sink my teeth into the meal that I had been waiting for for so long, after a quick Mango and Apple J2O courtesy of Karla, we were sat by the window and saw Katie drive past in a white Volvo, we casually walked across the road to the Thai restaurant and as we crossed the road a coach drove past and Karla said "Wow, Santa got a day job" it had to be said that the man did show a striking resemblance to good ol Santy clause, we got into the restaurant where Nigel and David were waiting for us, the food was absolutely lovely and we had a good chuckle and some really nice food, there were no arguements or squabbles.

Leigh-Ann showed up a little later than planned looking lovely (as always), she had just got back from the nail salon, when she had finally sat down we put in our orders for the evening, as I was driving I consumed no alcohol and opted for Coke and water for the night, I don't drink much anyway.

The restaurant looked very nice with carvings on the walls and 2 Elephant statues outside which we took photos of with us around it afterwards, it was like the Tardis, from the outside it seemed like a quiet little restaurant but on the inside it was quite big, with a long walk down the corridor and up a flight of stairs to get to the toilet.

I think on the whole everyone had an enjoyable evening and will remember the evening for quite a while, a lovely evening to mark the end of an era for our esteemed manager and friend Sir Nigel Redford

The drive home was a relaxing quiet drive, opting to take the back road from Banbury past Brackley, then driving through Buckingham and making my way home to Milton Keynes, getting home for 20 past 10, which was rather nice as I managed to get home in time to walk my dog, have a bath and get to bed refreshed for work the next morning............ All of this and our account manager was completely unaware of the situation (He's not very popular with the team, got one of those faces you'd just lvoe to slap)

So all in all an excellent night, with celebrations, but it is a sad time for us as we have lost a valuable member of our happy little team

No comments:

Post a Comment