Monday 16 March 2009

The song I wrote last June

The Girlfriend I Never Had


Verse 1:
The Lights are fading, its getting late in, this empty town
I'm all alone and where do I stand, Where are we now?
Is it too late to turn the clocks back? I'll tell you how I feel
The chance has gone now, I can't go on now, This wound it might not heal


Chorus:
Take my heart and please don't break it, I thought that you and I could make it
How could you not know thatI liked you so... Much has changed since we first spoke
From the sweetest dream I finally woke

Verse 2:
Day lights breaking and I'm waking to another lonely bed
Dont know why I didn't tell you the thoughts in my head
Its too late now, I can't just turn around and walk back there again
Why didn't I tell you that I felt you were more than just a friend?
Repeat Chorus

Verse 3:
I've been waiting with my fate in, your open arms
I should have told you I want to hold you, what could be the harm?
I realise now I can't go back and say whats on my mind
Another girl like you..... Just the only girl like you, will be the hardest one to find

Repeat chorus twice

No comments:

Post a Comment